SINGING LESSONS & COACHING
Want to learn to sing better? Or do you want to develop your current skills to a higher level? Then lessons with me are the way forward!
After 15+ years as a professional singing teacher and vocal coach, I have developed an inclusive, holistic approach to singing - I understand that everyone is an individual and I work to cater your lessons to your personal & specific wants, needs and learning style to bring the best out of you and your voice. I will also demonstrate anything I ask you to do, modelling best practice and sharing approaches and information backed by current research and professional development.
Whether in person at my music studio in Edinburgh or online, my lessons are for everyone! Complete beginner or seasoned pro, I am here to help you reach your goals.
I work with clients who come for professional development including:
- Singers from The Lion King, West End London
- Clients attending colleges/universities such as Sylvia Young Music School, ICMP, ACM, Napier University and RCS
- Vocal coaching for film such as 'Outlaw King' (2018)
- Choir directors developing their vocal skills and their approach to group singing.
I also work with beginners who want to learn to sing for personal enjoyment - my current client base ranges from 16 to 55+ years old, so age is no barrier. Some want to understand how their voice works and build their singing confidence through that. Whatever your reasons, I can cater to your needs.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
Formal qualifications include:
- 1st class BA (Honours) Popular Music - Napier University, Edinburgh
- Post Graduate in Music Education - Middlesex University
- Masters (MMus) in Popular Music Performance with Distinction - ICMP, London
Training with music industry experts including:
- Annabel Williams (Head Vocal Coach: X Factor, Britian's Got Talent)
- David Combes (Vocal Coach: The Voice, Bohemian Rhapsody)
- Kim Chandler (Vocal Coach: Paloma Faith, Katy B, Beverley Knight)
Susy goes beyond expectations. I couldn't ask for a better coach, seriously.
She is welcoming, supportive, easy-going, funny but professional and precise at the same time. I love the fact that she can break the tension with a smile or a joke and is capable at the same time to have so much focus on what the student needs to achieve in the session...She is capable to spot and hear small mistakes and immediately providing a correction to them.
I am so glad I sent you a message Susy, I feel I found the professional person I was looking for, capable and empathic. Thank you for your care
I've had 7 sessions with Susy now, as someone with no previous formal experience with singing/vocal lessons and can already see a big difference, not only in my ability, but also my confidence in singing. I very much like her flexible teaching approach, the fact that she follows up with notes from previous lessons, which makes it easy to revise the things covered in the past, and her very encouraging and positive attitude.
Being a complete novice to singing when starting my lessons with Susy, I had no idea what to expect and was also very nervous of what she might think.
Very quickly, she was able to put me at ease, and also identify both strengths and weaknesses
Susanna makes lessons both interesting and fun. Because of her enthusiasm and effective teaching methods, I have been able to progress quickly and really enjoy and look forward to my lessons.